Date: Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Time: 12:00 - 1:30pm
Where: Two Midtown Plaza, Suite 1010 ,
1349 West Peachtree Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30309
12:00 - 12:30 Lunch
12:30 - 1:10 Lecture and Q&A Session.
1:10 - 1:30 Book signing
Istanbul Center and the Atlantic Institute are pleased to host Mayor Linda Blechinger in the Midtown Luncheon Series for a lecture and book signing.
Linda Blechinger is the Mayor of the City of Auburn, GA. Linda was born in Manhattan NY, she has lived in NY and California, and she has lived in Georgia with her husband and sons since 1989.
Linda worked in the defense manufacturing field as a manager before settling down to motherhood. While raising her boys she earned certificates in Christian counseling through Light University. Deciding it was time to get involved with her city by volunteering for Parks and Recreation, which she chaired, she then decided to run for city council. Serving for a year on Council, she ran for the Mayor's seat winning in 2007.
During this time period Mrs. Blechinger also wrote and published her first book, "From Mourning to Morning" which was rereleased in 2012.
The City of Auburn has seen quite a turnaround under Linda's administration and is undergoing major redevelopment. The City of Auburn is located in both Barrow and Gwinnett Counties. Linda serves both counties as well as the state wide Georgia Municipal Association.
· Barrow Chamber Board of Directors
· Board of Directors for Piedmont Rape Crisis Center
· Board of Directors for Literacy Coalition
· President Barrow Mayor's association
· Board of Directors for Economic Development Barrow County
· Istanbul Center Board of Directors
· Georgia Municipal Association: Executive Board, Community Development Chair, Legislative Policy Committee
· President Gwinnett Municipal Association
· Partnership Gwinnett: Global Business Council, Economic Development, Transportation Council and Quality of Life Committee
· Chairman's Club member Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce
· Arts Development Council of Georgia
· ArtWorks Gwinnett Board member-select
· 2010 Graduate Regional Leadership Institute
· Certificate of Excellence from University of Georgia and the Georgia Municipal Association
· Gwinnett Magazine "People to Know"
· 2011 Recipient of the Women in Municipal Government Leadership Award
· 2011 Recipient of the World Chamber of Commerce International Hero Award
· 2012 Recipient of the Community Service Award, Brotherhood Inc.
· 2013 Associates in Theology, LBI
· GMA Certificate of Distinction (completing over 204 hours of training)
RSVP is required to reserve your seat and tickets are $10 per person.
*Lunch will be served and books will be available to purchase for $10.*